Tuesday, August 7, 2012

30 before 30 - August Update

July was a busy month but I managed to get a few things on my list accomplished. I don't think I'll have any time the rest of this summer for any outdoor items so hopefully it stays warm for a few months or I'll be waiting until next summer.

1. Write A Letter To The Editor

2. Learn Spanish
I am almost done with the first section of Duolingo. I think I'm well on my way to being able to speak basic sentences.

3. Donate Blood

4. Weigh Under 200

5. Go White Water Rafting

6. Go To A Hockey Game

7. Visit Portland

8. Run A 1/2 Marathon

9. Learn The Thriller Dance

10. Take A Dance Class With Sandra

11. Start A Fire

12. Go To The Top Of The Space Needle

13. Go To A Comedy Show
I bought tickets to Louis C.K. but it's not until December.

14. Go Backpack Camping

15. Walk Across The Tacoma Narrows Bridge
This was a lot of fun and the kids actually enjoyed it also. There isn't really any parking near the bridge but we found a spot nearby with 3 spots you can park at on the side of the road. If I get ambitious I'll post some pictures.

16. Ask 10 People Their Favorite Book And Read Them
I posted a question on FB awhile ago asking for book suggestions. I have one more to read and then I'll start these.

17. Paint A Picture

18. Attend A Midnight Premiere Of A Movie
I saw the Dark Knight Rises. Wasn't as good as I was hoping for but going at midnight definitely made it more entertaining. I went to the new Bremerton theater for the first time. The theater received a messed up copy of the movie which caused the audio to sound like stuttering for the last 30 minutes. It sounds annoying but it was actually kinda funny (it might have been more upsetting if the movie was better....or maybe I was jst laughing because it was 2:30 in the morning). Anyways, we got free movie tickets out of it so it was worth it.

19. Read 10 Books To My Kids
The Hobbit - 2 more chapters! I hope the other books are shorter
The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
Harriet the Spy
Charlie and the Clocolate Factory
The Phantom Tollbooth
Holes
The Invention of Hugo Cabret
The Watsons Go to Birmingham
Number the Stars
The Golden Compass

20. Go To A Seahawks Training Camp Practice
This was a lot cooler than I thought it would be. The only downer was that I went to the first practice and they weren't wearing pads yet, so there wasn't any tackling or anything. Also it would have been cool to see Terrell Owens. There were activities for the kids to do and we got an autographed Sea Gals calendar. We had to leave a little early so we couldn't stick around for player autographs but I'm definitely going back next year so maybe I'll get some then.

21. Eat At A Top Rated Restaurant

22. Watch The Top 50 Movies on IMDB
I have watched about 20 of them now. It's weird how many quotes or conversations I've heard that relate to things in the older movies I watched. I would have been clueless had I not watched them. Best movie I watched this month - North by Northwest.

23. Go On A 5 Day Fast

24. Make Something With Homegrown Food

25. Go To Canada

26. Finish My Unfinished Tasks At Home

27. Read The Bible

28. Volunteer At A Homeless Shelter

29. Complete A Mud Run

30. Bet On The Superbowl Winner Before The Season Starts
I haven't made my bet yet but unless I change my mind I'm going with the Baltimore Ravens.

No comments:

Post a Comment