Tuesday, August 28, 2012

six songs of me

I found a website called Six Songs Of Me and thought I'd share my six songs as well as some explanation for each of them.

1. What was the first song you ever bought?

This one is a little weird because you don't really buy individual songs so I'll put the album. I remember having music in the early 90's but I'm pretty sure someone else bought it for me. This is the first CD I can think of that I actually bought myself was Incesticide by Nirvana which I got to keep me occupied during a car trip to California. Crap, the question says song.....um, I guess I'll just go with the first song on the CD, Dive.

2. What Song Always Gets You Dancing?

The only time I have ever danced is when I'm too drunk to care that I'm making a fool of myself, so to answer this one I consulted with someone who has witnessed most of my sweet moves, my wife Sandra. ......Unfortunately she was of no help. I guess I'd say the music that most makes me want to dance is drum and bass music. As for a specific song, I'd say Messiah by Konflict. It is the first track on Dieselboy's The 6ixth Session. Any song that can cause a metal band to switch genres and start making drum and bass music (Pendulum) has got to be worth dancing to, right?

3. What Song Brings You Back To Your Childhood?

I like this question. There are a lot ways I can go with this because different songs bring me back to different times of my childhood and the people in it. It seems like any person or time of your life (at least for me) can be described with music. Old school country (or whatever it's called) reminds me of breakfast at my grandma's house when I was little. Oldies remind me of riding to school with the LaBerge's in 5th grade, soul music reminds me of hanging out with my dad, grunge music reminds me of when MTV actually played music, and the list goes on. If I had to pick just one song though that brings me back to my childhood, I'd have to go with Jump by Kris Kross. I can't wait for the backwards overall fad to come back!

4. What Is Your Perfect Love Song?

This is a girl question and I don't really want to answer it. I guess I have to put something here, how about Kiss You All Over by Exile. It's a good thing Adam Sandler makes sure people don't forget about all of that awesome 80's music.

5. What Song Would You Want At Your Funeral?

What better than to Rick Roll everyone at your own funeral? Funerals should be a celebration of someone's life so a funeral song shouldn't be sad, depressing, Coldplay style music. I wouldn't want my funeral song to remind people of my death, I'd rather have it make them smile. That's why I would pick Never Gonna Give You Up by Rick Astley.

6. Time For The Encore. One Last Song That Makes You, You.

This one has to be Teach Me How To Dougie by Cali Swag District. Did you expect anything else? I'm pretty sure this song/dance was made just for me. There are two great things about this song. First, who else has a cartoon AND a song/dance named after them? And second, whenever masterpieces like this are made you get the laugh at all of the YouTube weirdos that need to share their skills with the world.



No comments:

Post a Comment